from the quill of Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on scroll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> "Brian J. Murrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> writes:
>
> > Damn!  I liked this!  What is/was the problem with it?  OK, how
> about a
> > compromise?  How about having %post look for a script, maybe in
>
> do problems with DrakX. Ask pixel :).

Pixel?  What was the problem with it?  Just so I understand.

> i don't think it's too much ''distribution'' to do this.

Not sure what this means.

> Well we have
> better to do a script to do this :
>
> parse the /etc/lilo.conf script :
>
> get on which device lilo want to install .
>
> check if lilo was installed on the device (if not do anything).
>
> get the default entry.
>
> backup the default entry and point to a old kernel
>
> point the new entry to the new installed kernel.
>
> regenerate lilo.

But why bother?  I never touch my lilo.conf, I just fiddle with symlinks
caused problems for me.

> anyway we can hope with grub to solve this sort of problems.

What problems?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX