thought it had to be xfree > 3.3.5 was needed.  not a lower version.

it looks pretty good as is.  unless you saw a miraculous improvement, if it's
not broken, why break it?  ...is it really easy to install, or do you have to
follow the instructions to the "T" on extracting to the seperate dirs, etc?

don't have quake on it yet.  would be nice.

did pump my 19" to the 1600x1024 for the xscreensavers (opengl ones), they look
better than the windows screensavers.  can't wait for better accell tho.

--