On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 04:26:21PM -0800, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> from the quill of DindinX <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on scroll
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > --=-=-=
> > Name        : vim                         Distribution: Mandrake
> > Version     : 5.6                               Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> > Release     : 3mdk                          Build Date: Sun Feb 06
> > 16:17:46 2000
> > --=-=-=
> >
> > * Sun Feb 06 2000 DindinX <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 5.6-3mdk
> >
> > - Added support for Chinese/Japanese/Corean support for gvim
> >   (Thanks to Pablo)
> > - added a link for the default vimrc.
>
> ctags?  Can we puuuuleeeeaaaase have ctags fixed?  Maybe it is and was
> just not inluded in the changelog.

   ctags looks good to me :-/
   At least, the ctags program that comes with vim works great with wim.
 I've seen that we ship a standalone ctags packages that produce a slightly
 different format for tags files.
   What should I do?
     - Fix the standalone ctags package? But this could break other packages
       that depends on it.
     - Fix vim so it can read standalone ctags files?

AFAIU the documentation, vim ctags is 'exuberant ctags', so it is normal that
it produce a different tags. Vim should be able to read 3 differents format
of tags, though:
1.  {tagname}           {TAB} {tagfile} {TAB} {tagaddress}
2.  {tagfile}:{tagname} {TAB} {tagfile} {TAB} {tagaddress}
3.  {tagname}           {TAB} {tagfile} {TAB} {tagaddress} {term} {field} ..

vim's ctags produce the last one and vim is happy with it.

  Could you please try and tell me what's wrong/what to do?

          Thanks,

                 DindinX

--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]