On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> from the quill of Axalon Bloodstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on scroll
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> >
> > well yeah libgtop won't install..
>
> And things that need libgtop won't work because 1.1.3 will not be
> installed either.

Um no, you asked what to remove, i said libgtop assumeing you'd take the
older one from say Air ;)

> > No. First off I never said to use nodeps.
>
> No you didn't.  Somebody else did though.  Did not mean to infer you
> did, sorry.
>
> > You want to install it along
> > side of the older version, breaking as little as posible in the mean
> > time.
>
> Why even bother though?  Why not wait for the rest (i.e. the dependant)
> of the packages to catch up?

Why do you/we update everyday? because you/we can.

With the two libgtop and the new libgtop-devel you can run all the old
stuff and anything you build will link with the newer lib. So this way
your s**t works, you can rebuild anything new, and I don't get razzed
every few hours about where the f**k the relinked packages are while i
wait for the rest of the GUAD(uhh something ;) stuff to be released

> > If you use nodeps you do not get told about the missing file
> > (tracking it down now) in libgtop-1.1.5-0.1mdk
> > (libgtop_sysdeps-1.1.so.5),
> > it would be pretty much useless
>
> OK, another problem with it.  :-)

Uhmm no only problem with it. and i kinda spaced it out till i read
this, got distracted hacking voodoo_vid :), let me go find the right vt
and get that finished to make the above true =)