probabely the best thing a user of mdk70 can do is to immediately after
installing, make a copy of the mtab (and maybe fstab)  and rename them as
"/etc/mtab-working" and "/etc/fstab-working" or use "-orig".  it's the only
thing saving my butt from "trashing" my o/s.  do know mdk uses the "~" to
backup, but doesn't help if one makes more than 1 save.

wew!  after an hour i finally got back into my mdk70 and exhausted too!
yes, the zipslack works nicely as an option to the ls120 drive and is much
quicker if booted from harddrive.

seems like one really shouldn't use linuxconf when editing the mtab file?