Well, i installed the glibc binaries.  just answered yes to everthing
and edited the inittab to "5" and restarted and it works nicely.

1)  Creative Labs Geforce isn't listed (not new news tho') so i used the

C/L TNT2 driver.
2)  Timings aren't correct. (i.e. screen is oversized, etc)  Only
800x600 seems reasonabley correct.
3)  DrakConf > Monitor config doesn't work.  Errors on trying to find a
font.  (Overwritten by Xfree86 4.0)
4)  Has the small fonts defaulted.  I usually uninstall 75 dpi and
revert to 100dpi fonts here on this 19"
monitor.  Much easier to read.
5)  Lost the ability to use 32 bit.  So am now in 24 bit color. <bummer,
i'm going to try switching to another driver, like the generic tnt2>

A little spiffier.  still
seeing allot of memory being used, with a difference of 25mb -could be
just because of the bpp tho'(24bit XFree86 v4=100mb, 32bit XFree86
v3=128).  Well, have seen a nice increase in
update!

If i can iron out the above, will do this to my main linux o/s.  Right
now in a test o/s of mdk.  Need the 100dpi fonts and 32 bit color.  I'll
also compare the font listing to my old font server to check the order
of fonts.