Pixel wrote:

> Roger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Well, this confirms it.  i finally got around to rebuilding the kernel of mdk
> > 7.0  (iso-2 release) and building the ide-floppy.o module into the kernel
> > instaed of loading it as a "module" has solved my problems.  i can now
> > successfully read from the ls120 (www.superdrive.com - i think it is).
> >
> > please fix this if possible.
>
> what was the exact pb?

People with similar problems in the mdk public newsgroup.  in the cooker/beta, it
works.  but in the final release of 7.0-2, it did not. I recompiled the ide-floppy
into the kernel instead of "as module" and it now works.

> I have a ls120 10 centimeters away from my left hand, and it works quite
> nicely?!
>
> anyway, there are a lot of pb with ls120: mkbootdisk fails (needs adding
> "disk=/dev/hdd bios=0" and replace the root=/dev/fd0 of the "rescue" label
> (usefull?))

"disk=/dev/hdd bios=0" under the "rescue" in lilo, right?  i was looking for that
kernel fix for the mkbootdisk, but lost it.  will try this too, today.

> i've patched DrakX to work more properly: good entry in fstab (with or without
> supermount), mkbootdisk handling is now ok. If only mkbootdisk'd work :)

i've got the supermount in now, but froze the o/s (as root) when placing the mouse
over the floppy icon (when url pointed to /mnt/ls120) and right clicking. <bummer>
will fiddle with it today.

> i wonder what is the best solution for this nasty ls120? i wonder if anyone ever
> use it partionned. Seems strange kernel handling as for me. It'd be better on
> fd0

Partitioned? lol.  not here. too small and slow compared to my other hdd's.  better
for backing up linux files tho'.

thanx.  (see mdk public newsgroup for similar problems -- a reproducable bug)