Well, negative on the x init scripts.  re-installed all the rpm's for X
including the xinit.rpm.  I can log into root kde/gnome as root.  And it will
start the Enlightnement as user, but will not start kde/gnome/failsafe by
startx/kdm as user.  It will simply "kick back" to kdm/xdm.

Get allot of "AUDIT" errors in the xdm-error log concerning user trying to
login and localclient not being able to log in (to the respective desktop).

weird.  i'm ready to just re-install.  would be easier that trying to track
this at my end.

--

My ICQ#:  36645898

Created with Mandrake 7.0!