This is exactly what I needed to know. No, I haven't tested ReiserFS, Mandrake
kernels are hard to recompile(for me at least). I'm not sure what options need
to be selected(ie. last time I recompiled, my SB Live stopped working).
Another question. ALSA seems to support more sound-cards than the Free OSS
drivers, are there any plans on integrating ALSA into the distro or are you
waiting for 1.0 release?
Simple bug,
There is a bug into the current 7.02 release concerning my cdrom. I have an
ATAPI burner as my only cd drive and when Mandrake installs, it adds
hdc=ide-scsi to the lilo.conf, but the /dev/cdrom does not correspond to
/dev/sr0 as it should, rendering the cdrom entry in fstab useless unless i do
"cd /dev && rm -f /dev/cdrom && ln /dev/sr0 /dev/cdrom".
If you could fix this tiny bug in DrakX it would be great.

With respect,
Taras
Thank you for your replies

releasing