Moin!

> No! I have no /dev/ippp[0-63] in the latest dev and isdn packages, nor any
> other ISDN devices. And I think too the right place for them would be the
> isdn4k-utils package.
They are in dev:
[root@gloomy RPMS]# rpm -qpl dev-2.7.12-13mdk.i586.rpm |grep ippp| wc -l
     64

> > I mean, I am currently connected via isdn, and fuser tells me that
> > only /dev/ippp0 and /dev/isdnctrl are used by processes, and both devices
> > will still be there with current RPMS.
>
> Are you realy sure about this? With the latest RPMS I got only an
> /dev/isdnctrl
> which was a link to Nirvana.
Oh, I see. *blush*
I did not install it, just looked with rpm -qpl, and so I could not
see that it is a symlink.
Yes, absolutely, isdn4k-utils is buggy. :-)
(Or is some magic in initscripts supposed to create the missing devices?)

            Kai.

And if you ever have to go to school
Remember how they messed up this old fool
Don't pick fights with the bullies or the cads
'Cause I'm not much cop at punching
Other people's Dads
And if the homework brings you down
Then we'll throw it on the fire
And take the car downtown

(sorry for singing, I am a daddy now... ;-)

--
Kai Nielsen, Berlin              Time and again I tell myself
"She turns me on                 I'll stay clean tonight