Most of the time for multiple devices (sound cards especially) you need to
compile as modules so you can have separate settings for each. The
joystick readme tells you exactly what to do. I think it's like alias js0
joystick alias js1 joystick pre-install joystick modprobe joy-gravis. Just
read the docs ;)