David Walluck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yes, but there's also a script to change inetd.conf to xinetd.conf and it
> work pretty well. 2.1.2 is on the ftp. I happen to be using
> xinetd-2.1.8.8. But then again, I on't use inetd at all. All my daemons
> (ssh, proftpd, etc) are standalone. I like proftpd too :)

yes i know the script to convert, but doen't resolve the problem. The
only solution is to integrate the update-alternatives of debian.

> On an unrelated note, why build the menus in each RPM? Why not just build
> them once on boot in mandrake_everytime.

where is the flexiblity ? we prefer to allow everyone to add menu
entry in there rpm (and not only the vendor maintain a big list of the
menu entry).

--
MandrakeSoft Inc                http://www.mandrakesoft.com
Pasadena, CA USA                                  --Chmouel