Yo!

> > oh and the licq 81 packages are messed up.. the qt plugin is
> fine except for
> > the fact that it now kills the proram compleetly when closing instead of
> > just shuting it down into the dock icon (licqwharf)

you're using enlightment? there's a problem with it ..
get the patch for it here. http://www.licq.org/e-licq.patch    can someone
update enlightment ..?

the gtk plugin is
> > missing the pixmaps dir (it is installed from the licq-data,

sorry. my mistake, bash me. ;-) the pixmaps for gtkgui should be included in
the licq-gtk package but they weren't. licq-data is only for the qt-plugin.

> but is still
> > not accesable from the plugin nor is any of the icons put into
> the dir for
> > the gtk-gui. note all works well with the manualy compiled and

at least it still works (for me anyway) even if you can't find the pixmap,
but it prints a nasty warning to stderr i think.

yes i know. there is a problem with the gtk gui makefile when you compile
with RPM because of the behavior of the makefile. i've made up an ugly hack
on my local spec file now, so it's fixed on my own box. now it even installs
the internationalization files and the pixmap and the icon xpms..

> the rpms from
> > the licq site so something is messed up with the mandrake
> specific version.
>
> licq started with a black background for me, which assume should be
> grey. I tried changing it in the config file, so I don't know if this is a

well, licq is themeable. on mine i have a theme that starts up in black,
with grey text.

can you cahnge the theme back to the "basic" theme and tell me what you see?

> bug, or somethign wrong with the mdk version. Black makes everything hard
> to see.

Geoff.