On Fri, 07 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> I am compiling soem BitchX RPMS here and I have a problem that the md5 sum
> never checks out. Is this because of spec-helper? Is there anyway around
> it?
>
> [root@walluck i586]# rpm -K *.rpm
> Pretty Good Privacy(tm) Version 6.5.1i
> (c) 1999 Network Associates Inc.
>
> Export of this software may be restricted by the U.S. government.
>
> BitchX-1.0c16-1mdk.i586.rpm: PGP md5 NOT OK

There is a simple solution to the export restrictions.

AFAIK Mandrake's primary ftp is on ftp.sunet.se wich is in sweden where we have
no NSA etc blocking export of crypto. So just make sure it is a european who
build the packages and put them on the ftp. If some US server is mirroring it.
Then it is an import not an export. and yet again AFAIK that is not illegal in
the us :)

Michael Irving