> Well, I've tried everything I can think of and I've got No Joy.
Hmmm. It _should_ be possible though... I've got it running on my
Miata system (using alphabios).

> When booting, from MILO by way of ARC bios, it is loading the
> /boot/instboot.gz mini image and attempting to get there, but it hangs after
> the notice that it is enabling virtual addressing and jumping to the Linux
> kernel.  CTRL-ALT-DEL will get me back to the MILO prompt.

I'm wondering if the instboot.gz can be executed by a 21066 chip. Maybe
instboot.gz
is optimized for 21164 / 21264 chips... Pixel?

Here's how I installed my system (maybe it helps):

I first made a ramdisk floppy from cdrom.rdz.

Then I configured alphabios as follows:

Boot name:      Mandrake Setup
Boot file:      CDrom0                          \milo\miata\linload.exe
OS Path:        Disk1, Partition1               \milo\miata\milo
OS Options:     boot scd0:/boot/instboot.gz mdkinst rw ramdisk=32000
load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1

When I boot with this configuration it goes through milo, starts the
instboot.gz
and then asks for a floppydisk --> the cdrom.rdz one I built earlier.
This
should fire up the installation.

I've had one issue with my install (maybe it's fixed, maybe not). Milo
can
not access a filesystem that is formatted with "sparse_super" feature. I
formatted my disk in advance (altough during the installation using the
console should be possible too (watch the timing!!)) with "-b 1024 -O
none".

Stefan van der Eijk