Pixel wrote:

> William H Bouterse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > What series or single -Uvh rpm would most likely cause this
> > to happen from a functioning L-M 7.0/Cooker of last week
> > to a lost /etc/inittab and frozen Cooker of today ...???
> >

> found in %pre of linuxconf:
>
>         if [ -f /etc/inittab.old ] ; then
>                 cp /etc/inittab /usr/lib/linuxconf/uninstall/inittab.beforeupgrade
>                 mv -f /etc/inittab.old /etc/inittab
>
> maybe that's the pb?

Yes I vaguely remember the new linuxconf.rpm being installed
about the time this took place.  So does the above mean it is
in the script itself which can cause the problem for some,
or more likely my mis-interpretation of your tracking down the
possible key to my paticular scenario? i.e. Was it just my prob.
or potential prob for others?

Thanks

WH Bouterse
Alaska