Hi everybody,

I just come from a friend who installed Mandrake 7.02 on his machine.
He made a full install (all packages). Everytime he tried to use gv
to look to a ps-file he got an error, "x11alpha" unknown device.

First I did'nt find the error until I realized the full install had
placed:

 * ghostscript-PrintOnly
 * ghostscript-X
 * ghostscript-Both

on his hard-disk and the gs symlink was set to /usr/bin/gs-pr.

Has anyone else had this problem so far?

Why are those packages installed together instead of only
ghostscript-Both on a full install?

Isn't tere a confilcts-line missing in "ghostscript-Both" to disable
the other two packages to be installed on a full package install?

I checked the bug tracking system, but no bug report so far.

As I actually have no possibility to make a full install on a machine
to double-check if this was a random behavior an next time randomly
will be a symlink to an oter packages gs ...

--

Tschüss und bis demnächst/à bientôt,

                                    Stefan

| Stefan Siegel                      | http://www.student.uni-kl.de/~siegel/ |
| Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 34 / App. 144 | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
| D-67663 Kaiserslautern             | PGP Public Key:                       |
| Tel.: +49-631-18269                |   finger -l [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |