Hi!

I have tried now to compile my own kernel with "PROBE ALL LUN's" and
there is the problem.

RedHat and others must have this option off in install kernel, since it
always worked there! And in manual there is also said that it is not
safe
to have it ON! Anyway I will contact the author responsible for Initio
driver
to locate the problem.

BUT THE PROBLEMS SEEM'S MORE GLOBAL!!! THERE IS POTENTIAL PROBLEM ON
OTHER SCSI
CONTROLLERS TOO!!! SAME PROBLEM IS REPORTED BY BUG #611!!! I think
switching
"Probe All Lun's" should definetlly be switched OFF in the default
kernel!!!

But I need a solution how to make a new "install disk" kernel without
"PROBE ALL LUN's" so I can install Mandrake on a machine that has the
same
controller and SCSI disk (So I can't skip probing in install
procedure...)

Bye, Alen
--
*    E-Mail: Alen Salamun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    *