Pixel wrote:

> hey, you want to fight! Come, don't be afraid ;-)
>
> no kidding, what are your grief about the XF86Config-4 generated by XFdrake?

Grief is such a hard word ... ;-) Okay.

Some of the modules that are automatically loaded from a xf86config
generated XF86Config file were missing in the XFdrake gernerated config
file. So what is the effect of this? Enlightment for example won't
start because of missing functionality of X11 when using the XFdrake
gernerated configuration.

My xf86config gernerated module section look like

######################################
Section "Module"

# This loads the DBE extension module.

    Load        "dbe"   # Double buffer extension

# This loads the miscellaneous extensions module, and disables
# initialisation of the XFree86-DGA extension within that module.
    SubSection  "extmod"
      Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA
extension
    EndSubSection

# This loads the Type1 and FreeType font modules
    Load        "type1"
    Load        "freetype"

# This loads the GLX module
    Load       "glx"

EndSection
#####################################

The XFdrake generated one was near empty.

But I must say it is a couple of weeks ago, since I
last checked XFdrake. Maybe some things have changed
in the meanwhile. I dunno. I will give it an other try
this weekend ...

Cheers,
~Andreas

"Have you noticed there are no interesting people in heaven?
--Just a hint to the girls as to where they can find their salvation."
[Nietzche, "The Will to Power"]