on boot up of the system (this bug has been around since 7.0b) the
system says

"FAILED" retrying in background" even though it connects fine and
everything is fucntion normaly for the conection.. I tested this on the
console, and found the ./ifup ppp0 dose not display this message, but if
I do ./ifup ppp0 boot (as it is in the init scripts) it dose.

I have looked into every script that I can find on the system relating
to the networking and can not find this line of text, so I am not sure
where it is failing or saying that it is failing, anyone have any ideas
on where abouts this is happining and how we can fix this? as I said the
conection dose work but it says "FAILED" in red and then retrying in
background" (it dosn't actualy retry cause it is already connected
correctly) any ideas??

-DarkWlf