>>      At the networking stage, the first dialog says "Networking is already
>> configured" and gives me the options to change it or not. Why would it
already
>> be configured if I'm doing a fresh install?
>it usually happens for network installs. Strange that it may happen in hd
>install!
>>I was able to set up both my NICs
>> and configure them easily after selecting "reconfigure". Very nice.
>>      Couldn't get crypto going. Any site I selected gave me a warning on F3.
>> "Warning: Net::FTP: Bad peer address ...propogated at
>> /usr/bin/perl-install/ftp.pm line 41".

I just wanted to add that I did a complete mirror yesterday and ran into the
exact same problems doing a similar install from the hd.  When I rebooted my
network card was not configured correctly despite the fact that the install
detected the Netgear card and seemed to configure it for me.

I also had problems configuring X (neither 3.3.6 or 4.0 worked correctly).
I was able to manually configuring them using XFdrake after I finished the
install and rebooted. (I'm using a Voodoo 3 card).