Pixel wrote:

> ptah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Pixel wrote:
> >
> > > the new kernel has full support.
> > > i'm currently uploading new DrakX with a boot kernel having full u66 support.
> > >

> > Greetings Pixel,
> >
> > Does this mean a new ISO will be out today with this support in it?
>
> as for now, the answer is no :(
>
> but you can test (and please do) using the new DrakX i've just uploaded.

Pixel,

I am a little confused here..  I have a mandrake 7.1 beta (first one), but of course

it will not install on my promise ata/66 controller.  You say use DrakX that you
uploaded to test.  First question, How would I accomplish this?  I mean how do I
use DrakX and the 7.1 iso image I have to be able to install 7.1 beta with my
hard drive on the ata/66 controller.  Do I need to download a boot disk or
something?  If this is the case what is the exact location I can obtain whatever
it may be that I need to get it working?  Thanks for help on this issue.

If I need to download the 7.1 beta 2 that is fine, just let me know!  thanks!