Not usre if this is a bug, but it was for me.  I got the Hydrogen beta install
to work only once.  All the other times I got an error message like 'something
wrong with memory, existing install' or  'install existed unexpected'

After install did work - I don't like the new boot loader. Apparently, part of
it resides on the linux partition.  Please stick with only lilo. This new one
caused a problem when I re-partitioned my second drive and I ended up with a
system that wouldn't boot at all!

http://webmail.netscape.com.