On Tue, 9 May 2000, Andreas Simon wrote:

> Magnus Holmberg wrote:
> >
> > I think he mean the annoying sound that comes frome smome bug?
> > Everytime I get the sound (i have no system-spunds enabled)
> > I get
> > window-position
> > Symbol value is void
> > :
> >
> > in the console where i started X.
> > It beep's when gmc launch their icons. It beeps when you get a new
> > popup-window,,,
> >
> > Not fun at all. I dont have this annoying behaviour on my machine running
> > gnome-helix
>

> Hm ... I don't get such annoying beeps. I dunno where they
> come from.

It is from sawmill anyway. I tried to just  start sawmill without any
gnome apps.

I downloaded the latest sawmill from helix (www.helixcode.com/desktop)
and with their rpm I don't get those beeeeeeeep's.

I still have the same .sawmill and .sawmillrc

//M

> The system beep can be configured via the Gnome Control Center.
> Look under Peripherals/Keyboard/Keyboard bell.
> Just set the volume to zero.

That dont solve the problem.. I want the keyboard bell. but not everytime
a new window opens...