OK

i810  runs with a blasted Seagate Barracuda (and certified memory)

FIC PAG 2130 runs well except for sound--neither sndconfig nor harddrake
nor OSS seem to be able to help this supposedly "SB compatible" trash
on-southbridge kludge.  Will send output of lspcidrake As soon as I can
get back to that target machine.

No software is going to keep WD drives honest about CRCs nor will it
keep them from physically breaking  (sound like a marble on a table top
when it happens).

Well the area I have remaining is that it seems one MUST DL the security
software for lib.crypto and lib.ssl or the KDE2 betas will not run, not
even under kde1.  I would say that is OK for BETA-testing but not for
offering the binaries.

And with a Cyrix MediaGX I have two problems--1.  Harddrake ASSUMES a
southbridge sound blaster, but the MediaGX does not need the 5510
companion chipset to run--it can use alien video and audio.  2.  I have
to rpm -ivh --ignorearch  <packagename> all the time to install mandrake
software.  Here is lspcidrake for the test MegiaGX:Cyrix

Cyrix Corporation| PCI Master [MediaGX] (unknown Server: SVGA)
S3 Inc. |ViRGE/DX or /GX  (DISPLAY_VGA Card:S3 ViRGE (gegeric))
Realtek|8029 (NETWORK_ETHERNET ne2k-pci)
Cyrix Corporation|5510 [Grappa] (unknown unknown)

In fact, I have an Avance ALS-100 with the OPL-3SAx chip and
PCI interface in that machine.

Civileme

Willo send lspcidrake of the FIC PAG 2130 within two hours.

--
BETA-testing Netscape 6
and its mailer