Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Re: linux-mandrake Hydrogen (20000511)
>
> With a new SB Live! PCI sound card followed by a virgin install of
> the above beta, I cannot play my Midi songs because it cannot open
> /dev/sequencer, suggesting it is already in use by another user.
> That isn't true.
>
> Logged on as ron, ls -l /dev/sequencer shows:
>
> crw------   1 ron   audio     14,   1 May  4 11:40 /dev/sequencer

I'm using "xmp" [there is an RPM on the contribs] with the /dev/sequencer
of a Gravis Ultrasound ; it runs fine, with the same rights as you:

[gc@obiwan /opt/mp3/mods] ls -l /dev/sequencer
crw-------   1 gc       sys       14,   1 Dec  5 22:05 /dev/sequencer

if you don't have module files to test with xmp, you can go on my
anonymous ftp to get some small .s3m and .xm

ftp://ftp.mandrakesoft.com/pub/gc/

--
Guillaume Cottenceau