I just upgraded two machines to the latest devel using NFS and HD
install. The first one, a PII-450/G200/NFS from 7.0 worked great. No
problems at all.

With the second one, a K6-2/366, SCSI&IDE, Matrox Millennium / 4 MB
from Mandrake 6.x using HD method I had the following problems:

1) First time I tired, X crashed (segfault). I had been changing frmo
   X to console a bunch of times. Probably not much to do about
   this. On the third try I used X again and it worked (didn't change
   to console just to be safe).
2) Second time - tried text mode. Got a segfault. Unfortunately I
   don't remember exactly where it crashed. :-(
3) Third time, X again. Worked fine except when it was time to do the
   lilo. It insisted in putting the following line in /etc/lilo.conf:

        append=aha152x=0x140,9

   It doesn't work without quotes. I finally gave up and did lilo
   manually from the shell and rebooted without finishing the install.

4) When I booted, computer died when trying to load USB stuff. I had
   no time seeing what went wrong (USB flashed and it crashed). After
   fscking 30 GB of disk (GAH!) I rebooted in single user and removed
   usb start and it worked fine. The  motherboard is an IT5H.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Without life, Biology itself would be impossible.