I have two old 430TX Chipset boards here--one running at 66MHz
and the other at 75.

Hydrogen fails in PCI detection on both unless I select EXPERT
and skip PCI detection then give it the network card instead of
autodetecting, then give it the video card instead of
autodetecting (RealTek 8029 NE-2K PCI and Trident 9680.)  After
all the installs have been processed, the boot-up fails trying to
detect the nonexistent USB.  The cure was

linux 1

and

vi /etc/rc.d/init.d/usb

and hanging an

exit 1

ahead of everything else.

The other board does not seem to have the usb problem, but smb
and nmb stop as soon as they are started.

Civileme