This is from currect cooker as of 1600 PDT.

Selecting cancel at the stage 1 select partition dialog does not seem to
exit the installer . . .

Selection Expert/Upgrade/Devel.

After package selection, the dialog disappeared and it was about a minute
before the next dialog appeared.  Perhaps a simple dialog stating that the
machine is working would be appropriate.

It does not cleanly unmount the source partition, forcing an fsck on the
first boot.

This one puzzles me, because I'm not sure where/why it would happen.
Before the install, my user account was in the groups users, <username>, urpmi,
and audio.  After the upgrade, it was only users and <username> :(.

--
       _
     _|_|_