Pixel wrote:

> > I just made a boot disk via mkbootdisk.
> > The contained initrd did not include reiserfs
>
> that's mkinitrd that should make the initrd.
> what exactly failed?

Reiserfs was not included in the initrd on the
disk. So when I booted via the boot disk the
kernel paniced because the root fs (reiserfs)
could not be mounted.

I have reiserfs in my /etc/modules and of course
/etc/fstab. So mkinitrd should include it, right?
But that was not the case.

Also I always get the following warning, when
using mkbootdisk (on an empty disk!):

mke2fs 1.18, 11-Nov-1999 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
tar: ./bin/sash: Cannot write: No space left on device

Can it be that I have too many modules for a
small floppy disk? Maybe this is the error.
I dunno.

Okay, we are past the age of floopy disks, right?
I was just a little pissed off because my MBR was
deleted and I had no Mandrake-CD at hand, just my
little boot diskette, which could'nt mount the
root fs. ;-)

Cheers,
~Andreas