Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> "Guy T. Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 20 May 2000, John Grange wrote:
> > > anyone have any luck installing mandrake on a sparc ipx box?
> >
> > There's a Mandrake distribution for 32-bit SPARC machines?  I thought they
> > only had an UltraSPARC version.  Also, isn't the IPX a sun4c machine?  Linux
> > does not handle these machines very well at all.  You can install and run it,
> > and it'll limp along, but it'll be *way* slower than NetBSD or OpenBSD.
>
> Sparc-32 is planned for 7.1 [afaik] but, for the moment, the sparc version
> is an "usparc" version..
>
> --
> Guillaume Cottenceau

bsd is out of the question for Me, not a real bsd fan. ;) I am going to be using
two ipx boxes for nothing but data servers, web server and firewall, no graphical.
anyone have a recomindation? I am not sure what the boxes have yet, all I know is
what I have read from the default specs on them.

-DarkWlf