Date sent:              Mon, 22 May 2000 00:22:00 +1000
From:                   Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Re: [Cooker] Beta2 ISOs: followup

> James Tucker wrote:
> >
> > Actually, I can think of one reason why being able to make an ISO image is
> > nice.  I have a high speed connection and mirror Cooker (which I install
> > from the hard drive).  I then create CDs for my friends (who only have 56k
> > modems) about once a week so that they can also play with the new beta.
>
> But, since you have the disk space, it would be very easy for you to
> run mkisofs via the Mandrake-published script to create the iso
> images from the tree and then you would not have to download both the
> tree and the iso.

<SNIP>

And what if you do not have Linux on the machine you download
from?

I do not have the HD space to install linux on my work machine
right now(and Linux does not support the TokenRing cards we use
either!)
I do not even know if linux supports the Printerport CDBurner that I
have at work either.