The right Windows key (one with the evil symbol, not the arrow and the pulldown menu) is supposed to be the Multi_key. The way it's supposed to work, is you hit the Multi_key, release, hit s, release, hit s, release, and you get the beta symbol. There are a whole bunch of other keycombos (all being two keys after the Multi_key). This worked out of the box in 7.2, I haven't seen it work since. I managed to track down the file responsible, and I have copies that I e-mailed myself of the one from 7.2 that worked, and one from 8.1 that doesn't.