On Thu, 12 Mar 2003, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 22:42, Buchan Milne wrote:
> >
> > As I said, I have not tested this, but what happens if you change the
> > default application fonts (which I assume gnome-font-properties uses in
> > it's dialog) to be something unreadable (symbols, or too small)? Can an
> > average user read enough of the dialog to change it back?
>
> The font selection dialog is OK / Cancel. Once you OK out of the box,
> the font you chose is instantly applied. If you Cancel out of the box,
> no change is made. This seems perfectly sensible to me.

OK, it is as bad as I thought. Try this:
Get to gnome-font-properties somehow, change the first font (I can't read
mine now, but it was probably "Application Font", if you change it to
(say) OpenSymbol, hit OK, now the whole dialog is unreadable. At this
point I would expect to be able to hit ESC or close the dialog to lose my
changes (which I can do at least in KDE, probably Windows too), but no, I
have had my fonts nuked. Try going back to change the font, but now, since
the font names use the "Application Font", I can't read them now.

It is not too difficult to put back, but this kind of thing can create
unnecessary work for the help desk.

Buchan