--- Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Allen a écrit :
> >
> > > This is probably a problem that needs to be
> fixed by helix, but it won't hurt
> > > to see if the mdk people know whats up.
> > >
> > > I have a 7.1B as of the updated cooker from
> yesterday.
> > >
> > > When I run sawmill and gnome, the menu panel
> which should appear at the top of
> > > the screen, appears mid screen, ie not on the
> upper edge of the monitor.
> >
> > Huh ! not reproductible here! BTW , someone got
> the same bug ????
> >

> OK, add a new user for the sake of testing.
>
> log in with gnome
>
> save session, with say exmh running.
>
> log out, saving session, log back in, and watch the
> menu panel appear lower (say at 10%) down the screen

Actually I have seen this with all versions of gnome.
In my case, all the windows saved in a previous
session, appear 10% down than the position they where
save at. I happens with both enlightenment and
sawmill, and it has been there since I was using
rawhide about 6 month ago! I wonder if this is the
same bug.

Try it, open a gnome-term and position it all the way
to the top (may be this has to do with it, only apps
positioned with a y=0), save the session, exit, and login.

=====