Mayly Sanchez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm also trying to make my visor work using the usb backport,
> but... apart from not knowing exactly what I need to do:
>
> I can't find /proc/bus/usb !!!
>
> Things I've done:
> succesfully loading USB on startup (before it wouldn't because
> the laptop wasn't assigning an IRQ to it)
> succesfully loading usb-serial module (with and without vendor spec)
>
> trying: mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb
> mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist
>
> If I understood correctly, this should have been created by
> the code... maybe the kernel compiled is missing something?
>
> Now I hear some of you have played with it.. can anybody
> walk me through the steps... ?

sorry usbdevfs is really unstable with the backport and i haven't
compiled in the kernel. what you can do is to recompile your kernel
with USB_DEVFS=y and the script /etc/rc.d/init.d/usb will mount it
automoatically.

--
MandrakeSoft Inc                http://www.mandrakesoft.com
In travel.                                        --Chmouel