Buchan Milne wrote:

magic wrote:

#2517 appears to still be there (not fixed).

root login issue(s).

If the menus work, I see this as a very minor irritation. The only time you should even need to log in as root to KDE should be for critical stuff. You should not be using much (ie get it, do what you want, get out).

Actually, it might be a better tool to convince users not to log in as
root than mdkkdm ;-).

Buchan

I would agree with above, but in my case, I don't even get to the menu. As described in the bug report, kde doesn't even finish initializing.

All I see is the Red background, and the clock (watch) face. No menus, no task bar, no nothing. The system doesn't lock-up, as I can move the mouse and the clock moves around the screen, but that gets old fast.