I use two Western Digital hd's (I know WD is no good) with ata/66.

When I try to use the hard drive optimizations, the boot freezes right after
it says that it is enabling the optimizations.

I know that there was a disclaimer in the install saying use at your own risk,
but it has always worked fine for me up to beta 2 of 7.1.  Everything after
that would freeze.

Does anyone know if there were changes made to hard drive optimizations?  I
could be wrong, but it seems that the optimizations are enabled later in the
boot process than they used to be ...when they worked for me.

Thanks,

Bobby

PS  I am also using the Reiser file system.