"Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am definitely not amused at the new feature, introduced in the Cooker.
>
> My GNOME System menus were destroyed when I installed the Cooker.  Since
> I can't get them back, is there a way of adding menu items by hand and
> NOT getting automaticallly deleted?

You can add system wide menus in /etc/menu. The files in this directory
follow the syntax of /usr/lib/menu files. For more info check the doc
under /usr/doc/menu-*/menu.txt

> Will there be a way to offer an upgrade path to all those RPMs that use
> .desktop files directly into the apps menu of the /usr/share/gnome
> hierarchy?

There is no planned way but a script can be done to convert .destop files
into menu files.

> How are you planning on internationalizing /usr/lib/menu ?

The i18n is already done through menu-messages locales.
--
Fred - May the source be with you