Buchan Milne wrote:

David Walser wrote:

It used to have a /etc/ntp.conf that was super-convenient, it had a line:

server

with a space at the end and everything, so all you had to do was arrow
down to that line, get to the end of it, type your server and save. Now,
it's commented and has something you have to delete first
(clock.via.net).  Why this change?

I see mention of it in the changelog and it says "will be replaced by
DrakX," but DrakX doesn't have a thing for configuring the ntp client,
so I don't know what that's talking about.

It does, in the timezone configuration. This is also available
post-install in system->time IIRC.

Does it automatically choose some ntp server based on your timezone? I wonder if the edit I made (while in services selection) got overwritten.

Glad there's a GUI, but I prefer editing ntp.conf by hand, and like it to be as convenient as possible (aka how it used to be).

Thanks for the response Buchan.