On Tuesday 18 March 2003 21:55, HoytDuff wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 March 2003 09:43 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > And what do I do if I don't have an "old" kernel installed?  Punt?
>
> How about using mc to extract the kernel from the correct kernel rpm
> and install it manually?

You will have to force the install.

And what about other elements of the system bearing date March 18, 2003
that might also not have changed numbers.

My guess is that the only safe way would be to re-install the frpm the
original disks and then set up your mirror again and then update.

Or wait for the final set of iso images to arrive then do a new install.