On Wednesday 19 March 2003 07:55 am, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> John Southern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > BuyLinuxNow are saying that 9.1 is released.
> > http://www.buylinuxnow.co.uk/mandrake_9.1.htm
> >
> > Are they early or am I late?
>
> it has been released but not yet announced.

O.k. - So let's say I announce a release several days before it really is
released, then it is released, then it is available and then it can be
shipped and about three weeks to a month lapse before I get it. All this
PROVIDED that Mandrake really did release it just a few days after I
announced it, and not a couple of weeks later.

The truth is this company posted that it was released on their website prior
to it actually being released on the hope and.or desire that it would be
released on some time table that wouldn't cause them or their customers any
grief. In some places this is illegal. I know the credit card companies take
a dim view of such "business practices". Especially when a company does not
clearly state an expected release date and instead says that it has been
released. This firm, btw, uses paypal and credit cards.

Bob Finch