Lorne Shantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Wish List:
>
> Since the distro is getting so big and we have some space free on the
> 2nd disk, would it be legal and or possible to set all the crypto stuff
> on it and somehow encrypt it with a password or disclaimer prior to
> using it?

It is not legal.

However, the law is changing real fast by now, and Europe and the USA are
changing their positions.

We certainly will be able to ship the crypto stuff for next version, once
the law has been voted and positively analyzed.

> How about including Star office 5.X on it? That is a free program, but
> not sure if Sun would agree to it.

This is not really free [for example, we pay royalties for each printed
CD].

For the moment our politics are to limit as much as possible the amount of
non open-source stuff on main installation CD [which is, now, CD
Installation and CD Extension]

--
Guillaume Cottenceau