Hello folks,

I have following problem with grub.

Here the history:

I had 2 HDs in my system. A 10 GB HD ( Windows ) and a second HD with Mandrake.
The first HD was defined as primary Master and the second HD was defined as primary slave.

All works fine!!!

Well, I bought a 80 GB HD (Segate) and should be replaced for the 10 GB HD.
But the 80GB HD did not do cooperate with the second HD (40GB), so did the HW changed as follows:

1. primary Master is now 80 GB (10GB XP ntfs partition)
2. primary Slave DVD ROM
3. secondary Master CDROM (Burner)
4. secondary Slave 40 GB HD (Mandrake - Linux)

Now, I cannot create grub on hda1 because the XP partition is a ntfs filesystem.
I looked in the Internet for possibilities to solve the problem, but I could not find a solution for my problem.

A possiblity was to create a /boot partition on hda1, but what I can do if I have no /boot partition???

Who can help me??? I hope somebody has a idea.

Thanks an kind regards
Marco

I did install XP on hda1. (hda is a 80 GB HD and has a 10 GB XP partition) I had installed Mandrake before I did install XP. After