On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:10:46 -0800 (PST), Jeremy Salch wrote:

> To add on to this..    at the resolutiono of 1024x768 things
>  seem to look the best..  as I go down in resolution to 800x600
> the fonts get REALLY small inside of konqueror and kmail.
> and it seems as i go up in resolution from 1024x768 they
> get REALLY BIG.     Is this normal ?    I guess I never noticed
> anything before because my last laptop had a 1024x768
> screen.  This is on a Dell Inspiron 8200
>

> On Thursday 27 March 2003 04:05 pm, Jeremy Salch wrote:
> > The fonts seem way out of proportion at 1600x1200
> >
> > Inside of kmail and konqueror all of the fonts are huge.
> > They seem a lot bigger than they need to be.  Anyone
> > else see this ?

It sounds like you need to tell X the size of the display.  The defaults being
right for 1024x768 sounds about right.  The font size is being scaled wrong
because it thinks the display is smaller than it really is, nad it's trying to
make the font look right at that size.  I'm not on my Linux machine right now,
so I can't tell you what to change.  Should be in the information for the
XF86Config or XF86Config-4 file.

Paul Misner