On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Johnathon B. Allread -  East Coast Computers wrote:

> This is my first post to cooker.  I just loaded 9.1 final and installed
> almost everything except the server packages.  When I logged into KDE, I
> tried to bring up OpenOffice (OO) and the OO screen came up and stayed
> in the middle of my desktop.  It never finished loading.  I used 'top'
> to kill the processes.  I deleted the .ooffice directory and tried it
> again and no go.  I switched to icewm and had the same results.  I
> removed the rpms and reinstalled using Rpmdrake.  Same thing.

Did this user account run OO.o or StarOffice before? Yuo may want to try
renaming/moving ~/.sversionrc also.

If that does not help, at least post the output of:
$locale

You could also try running OO.o manually:
$ /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice

> The only
> thing I noticed is that when I am in KDE and run 'top', it says there
> are 3 users logged on.  I did a 'who' and it listed:
>
> jallread :0           Mar 30 02:11
> jallread pts/0        Mar 30 02:12
> jallread pts/1        Mar 30 03:06

You probably had more/different terminal emulators running.