I upgraded a 9.0 to 9.1, and now the KDE toolbar and menu and
drakconf (especially menudrake and keyboarddrake) are broken.

Toolbar: all buttons munged. Cannot find preferences, command,
icon.

Menu: Some of my apps are on this menu, but a lot are missing,
and a lot of other stuff has appeared.

menudrake: Finds my old menu and lets me edit it. Saving has no
effect on the displayed toolbar menu.

keyboarddrake: Random failures and crashes. Sometimes will not
run. Sometimes runs but will not change keyboard. (I got stuck
in Hindi, and had to use kcharmap to enter logout command so I
could reboot. That didn't fix it. I had to reinstall the
keyboards.) Sometimes acts as if it is changing the keyboard,
but doesn't. Sometimes locks up keyboard.

It appears that some packages were inconsistently upgraded, and
that different parts of the system are looking at different
config files.

I think a clean install is in order.

--
Edward Cherlin
Generalist & activist--Linux, languages, literacy and more