Am Mittwoch, 2. April 2003 12:24 schrieb Florin:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steffen Barszus) writes:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have tried to start drakfirewall, but this tool simply makes nothing.
> > Here the output from commandline:
> >
> > ]# drakfirewall
> > SCALAR(0x8ebcda0) at /usr/lib/libDrakX/network/drakfirewall.pm line 110.
> >
> > No error, or warning no install of iptables or shorewall. Can anything be
> > done about it ?
>
> it works here ... (make sure you have inswtalled the latest
> drakxtools-newt and all ...

I supposed I'm using the latest, as this is installed from a mdk 9.1 bamboo cd
(drakxtools-9.1-26mdk looking on cooker its the same)

Other then that the resolv.conf in etc was complete empty (resulting in no
name resolution, I have written "# ppp temp entry" in that file , after that
it worked.

iso md5sums are doublechecked

Just a guess , but i think this is because I have no network card in it, or
because I have choosen "t-online" from provider-list German => National .
(maybe more the last I said, as I have installed mdk 9.1 on a friends
machine. there was not the problem with resolv.conf)

played arround a bit:
normal:

- leaving out "name of provider"  results in a deleted /etc/resolv.conf
given arbitrary name i.e. t-online.de => working resolv.conf
- drakconnect deinstalls isdn4net without saying so in GUI => confusion (if
this is because of the Fritz!PCI v2.0 , i have a v1 here, so isdn4net works
Fritz PCI v1 : Vendor 1244 ProdId: 00a0 => hisax type=27
Fritz PCI v2 : Vendor 1244 ProdId: 00e0 => hisax_fcpcipnp
last one is unknown in current isdn4net)

grabbed a NIC out of my hardware box and put the NIC in my machine:

- no resolv.conf issue
- drakfirewall works flawless ( errm the known issues: setting the shorewall
interface to the eth0 , no matter if this is right or not) (short: means no
crash)

Can't believe it ....

--
counter.li.org : #296567.