In gdm, the option to view user photos (user icons) does not seem to influence the window manager. No matter if I specify that I want the photos or not, they never appear. Instead, I am always greated with just an input box.

This would not be a problem except for the fact that I have designed a guest account so my friends at school could easily access my computer without needing a password. If there is no picture for them to click at the login screen, they will not be able to figure out how to get in unless I tell them (which sort of defeats the purpose of my having a guest account).