On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 13:51, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> B Lauber wrote:
>
> > (it's been about 5 days now).  The only way I can reboot my system is
> > through console functions or after logging a window manager.
>
> Another problem I have is that this computer (a to-shit-ba satellite)
> doesn't reboot (i.e. it hangs there with a black screen and a blinking
> cursor right after the toshiba logo screen). It's not new with 9.1
> though, all mandrake's kernels I used since 8.2 behave the same. It
> reboots correctly with the stock kernel.
> OTOH acpi seems to work fine (though I found no way yet to suspend,
> pmsuspend doesn't work).

Try uncommenting the last line in /etc/sysconfig/suspend.  This enables
suspend to disk... On some of the laptops I've seen this works where
suspend to RAM (the default) doesn't. (and this one was a Toshiba, the
model escapes me.)  Make sure you also put a line in lilo.conf in the
append section that says resume=/dev/hdxx   where xx is the letter and
number of your swap partition, and rerun lilo.  OH yeah... make sure
swapsize > ramsize

James